Ugandans and, especially the Bazzukulu,
Condolences on the death of one of our Indian People, Mr. Uttam Bhandari, killed by a Police Constable by the names of Wabwire Ivan.
All these mistakes are easily traceable. In this case, for instance, some questions immediately come up:
1. How did an off- duty Policeman, access a gun?
2. Did he walk away from his guard post without permission with a gun to commit crime?
3. How are the guns stored in the Police?
4. Is there no security at the site where the victim was?
5. Why did that local security allow an armed person into the building who had no guard business there? Then, there is the question of the mental state of this Policeman.
6. Did he have a history of mental instability? If he had, why hadn’t the Police leadership noticed and acted appropriately?
The answers to these questions may help us to plug the gaps in the security system.
Condolences to the family of Bhandari.
Yoweri K. Museveni